Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wise old owl

I have been sitting on these pictures for a while now just waiting for the right time to blog this particular item. Was I waiting for the weather to be right, maybe it needed to wait till when it seemed socially necessary? Well whatever the reason it is here now and ready to be done.


A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he heard, the less he spoke;
The less he spoke, the more he heard;
Why aren't we all like that wise old bird?


The browns in this coat from Ivalde make me think of a few things, one being that nursery rhyme. See what I mean about the social timing? No, well that is okay maybe it only seemed poignant to me. The brown and trim colors bringing to mind the beautiful colors of a barn owl, here is a picture of a barn owl so you don’t think I am completely off my nut.

The other thing that this coat reminds me of is the illustrations in the storybooks by Jan Brett.


The trim on the coats collar and cuffs have the well worn matted look to them. You know the kind that happens when you love something so much you wear it constantly? With the weather taking a serious cold turn here in the Northeast I wouldn’t mind being bundled up in a coat like this.

Here are your warm and cozy credits

Jacket: Ivalde Kita beige suede coat 1970
Tights: *katat0nik* (white) White Trim stockings – tinted brown
Boots: Adam n Eve Boots – Skai - Chocolate
Skin: -Belleza- Brooke sk 10 freckles
Hair: [Curio] Sally – black, well the brown black which is in the black pack
Glasses: primOptics glasses : elois

*disclaimer* Bitchy Phire has yet to go back in the closet, if you found the post in any way offensive then lesson learned. Do not wake the beast!*

No comments: