Saturday, May 17, 2008

PXL Creations Linda skin (p)review

When I saw on the feed that PXL Creations was giving bloggers the opportunity to review their Linda Skins I jumped on it! This is my first review of any skin and hopefully will lead to many more ^_^

First of all I want to say these skins are beautiful! I am really picky about my skins (ask Phire, she's had to listen to my rants after I've run around getting demos and not liking anything ^^:)but there really isn't anything I can complain about with them. These skins are a blend of photo sourced parts with hand drawn details which surprisingly works out well.

Linda Skins Face3
The faces on the Linda fit my shape very well,which is saying a lot because I must have a weird shaped head or something, most of the "popular" skins look terrible on me ;_; The make up is beautifully done,not too over the top, just right.I especially love the lips on these. Nice and pouty, just the right amount of shine. I chose to not wear any prim lashes with these because I wanted you to be able to see the lovely smudged eyeliner. Eyebrows are nicely done too, not too thick, not all "drawn on" looking. Nice highlighting on the nose too. Good looking ears (not that I usually show my ears, but for this post I went human o.o)

Linda Front3

The body of the Linda skins is nicely done. Good shading around the breasts, cute belly button. I like the abdominal shading too, nothing too athletic, but also not too couch potato. The nails on the skin are pretty, very natural looking. Cute knees, nice collarbone too. For my own modesty and the fact that I'm not going to go flashing you my girly parts (I don't know you that well) , I will tell you that they look good (I'm really picky about those too). Nice looking nipples and sparse hair below. Go get a demo and check them out if you are that curious :p

Linda Back3

The back of the Skin is great. I love the shading and highlights along the spine and the shoulder blades. I also love the light shading just under the bunns. ^^ Oh another thing, there is a bit of shading just behind the knees giving the little wrinkles back there. I haven't really seen this on other skins, I love it.

I'd like to point out that this is the first time I have ever seen a Dark skin that looked this good. The creators have taken a great deal of care to make sure that the makeups suit this skin. They haven't just taken the makeups and slapped them onto a darker skin tone, they have really worked it out well. When I put this skin on I literally said "WOW" in RL. My Pictures do not do it justice, you have to see it for yourself.

The Linda skins are available in 5 skin tones. The Fair, Light, Gold, and Fashion Tan are available right now in the shop and the Dark tone will be available Monday, May 19th. These skins are mod so you can adjust them to your personal liking. All but Linda Dark, come in both black and brown brows, Linda dark comes in Black brows only. The Linda Dark will come in different makeups to better suit the darker skin tone. Just in case you were curious my favorite skin tones are the fair, gold and dark.

Now for my only complaint about PXL creations skins. The demos feature a pattern of the word DEMO all across the skin. I can completely understand the creations choice to do this, however it makes it difficult to see just how pretty these skins are.

Linda skins singles sell at L$ 1500
All eyes in one lip colour sell at L$ 5000
All lipcolours in one eye make up cost L$ 7000

To grab some demos and check the skins out for yourself check out the PXL Creations Main store.

Please click on the following links to see larger photos of these skins. Blogger didn't want to let me post bigger photos ;_;
PXL CREATIONS LINDA SKIN FACE
PXL CREATIONS LINDA SKIN FRONT
PXL CREATIONS LINDA SKIN BACK

OTHER CREDITS
Poses: [LAP]Sweetheart (face shot), Cuteness (Front shot), SS Back Talk Too (Back shot)
Lingerie: /artilleri/ deanna lingerie *cherry black*
Eyes: Emortal EyeZ Icee Blue EyeZ small pupil large iris
Hair: *TRUTH* Antonia [Noir] (Black)
Piercing: *!RaveNation!* Virulent Piercings
Shoes: Aphrodite Creations Sasy Chic Groupgift

No comments: